Have your car or truck lights been flickering? Are you wondering why? No need to panic—we are here to help! Flickering car lights can easily become a source of stress, but the car and truck lighting experts at Underground Lighting have the knowledge on exactly why this may be happening with your ride’s electrical system, and how to solve the problem.
Why do car lights flicker?The first step is to figure out why your vehicle’s lighting system seems to have gone haywire.
Here’s a list of the most common causes of flickering automobile lights:
Alternator issuesFlickering car lights are often caused by an underlying issue with your vehicle’s alternator.
- If your alternator is to blame, one of the three rotating plates that generates your car or truck’s electricity may be worn out.
- As a result, the lights flicker when the worn out or “dead spot” is activated.
Loose or disconnected cables/wiringDepending on your particular vehicle’s onboard computer system, it may be especially sensitive to any ground connections that are not completely secured.
- Even wobbling bolts or other intermittent connections could be causing the flickering you’re experiencing.
- As far as your car or truck’s wiring, ignition wires that aren’t securely connected could be causing the glitch.
Car battery conundrum
How old is your vehicle’s battery? If your battery is losing steam, the weak acid level could be contributing to the problem. If your battery’s ability to charge properly is on the decline, the lights may be flickering as a warning sign.
Solutions for your car light flickeringIf you’ve reviewed the most frequent reasons that car or truck lights suddenly start to flicker, it’s time to hone in on the problem and do some troubleshooting.
Here’s what you can do to address the problem(s) at hand and prevent any further damage to your car or truck:
- Check that your alternator is functioning properly. This is an area in which you definitely want to stop the problem in its tracks.
- Check for any possible loose or wobbly ground connections, cables, bolts, or wiring (particularly ignition wiring) to see if this solves the issue.
- You can also have a mechanic perform these “checks” if you’re not comfortable with your skill or ability level in this area. It’s also always reassuring to have a second set of eyes on an automobile-related issue, even if you’re pretty thorough.
- Test your car battery to see if it is charging properly, as well as examining it for any sign of corrosion that may have occurred.
New car lighting accessories to check out
Need to replace any parts or accessories on your car/truck, or simply looking to upgrade your vehicle’s look? Either way, Underground Lighting is your one-stop shop for the top auto products and accessory picks available. Check out these options below for ways to instantly update your ride:
Plug and Play LED Headlights KitIf you’re in the market for a quick, hassle-free way to upgrade your car or truck’s lighting factor, look no further than an LED Headlight Kit featuring “Plug and Play” installation.
- Like the phrase implies, these products offer simple installation and user-friendly capabilities.
- LED lights shine brighter, last longer, and use less energy than the dim, outdated Halogen bulbs you may currently have on your vehicle.
- Slim, sleek LED bulbs are a way to refresh and replace big, bulky bulbs in no time.
CANbus LED Fog Light BulbsThese LED fog light bulbs blow their older, cheap-looking Halogen predecessors out of the water as far as performance and panache are concerned.
- Boasting a slim, sleek design and the best light pattern for reflector and projector-style fog lights available, you’ll be illuminating the road ahead as safely and stylishly as possible.
- The design includes LED chips formulated and perfectly placed in order to minimize the glare to oncoming traffic, which means you won’t have to worry about causing any trouble on the road for yourself or other drivers.
Are you ready to upgrade your car or truck’s lighting? Leave your dull, yellow, flickering lights in the dust with the top products on the market from Underground Lighting. Simply call, chat, or email the pros at Underground Lighting for the perfect solution to all of your vehicle’s needs.