Switching Halogen Headlight Bulbs with LED Bulbs
Are the Halogen headlights on your vehicle dull, dim, and yellow, making your ride look cheap and outdated?
If so, it may be time to consider updating your car or truck’s lighting look with innovative LED headlights.
There are many reasons consumers opt to upgrade their ride’s lighting system with more modern LED bulbs. Let’s take a look at why you should make the switch, and how to go about doing so.
How To Replace Halogen Headlights with LED?
Believe it or not, you can trade out those factory-grade, dull Halogen bulbs pretty easily.
- First, you’ll need to take your car’s make, model, and year into consideration. This information will help you determine exactly what type of headlight you need.
- Next, you’ll purchase an LED Conversion Kit for your car or truck. If you’re not sure where to start, a skilled, knowledgeable member of the Underground Lighting team will have an answer for you in no time.
- Once you have what you need, simply locate and uninstall your Halogen bulbs, install the new LED lights, and connect the LED ballast.
- Sound too simple to be true? It’s not! LED bulbs with “plug and play” installation, like the top product picks from the auto lighting professionals at Underground Lighting, the change is easy breezy.
- To be extra cautious, double-check that your vehicle’s washer pump and/or battery aren’t taking up precious space prior to making the switch.
- Why? Although LED bulbs are designed to be as compact as possible, they are still slightly larger than standard Halogen bulbs—it always pays to be extra careful when planning an upgrade to your vehicle!
Advantages of LED headlights over HalogenNot only do LED headlights shine brighter and instantly refresh your ride’s look—they boast other benefits, too.
- LED light bulbs are more energy-efficient than Halogen bulbs, which means longer-lasting performance with an added environmentally-friendly incentive.
- Longer-lasting bulbs saves you both time and money. The less often you have to purchase and switch out your headlight bulbs, the better!
- LED headlights also provide a pure, bright white light to illuminate the road ahead, which is particularly important in especially dark or hazardous weather conditions.
- Although LED bulbs far outshine their Halogen predecessors, they do so without casting a dangerous glare onto oncoming traffic, thanks to specially-designed LED chips formulated to minimize glare.
Why can’t I replace Halogen bulbs with HID?The answer to this common quandary all depends upon your car or truck.
- Vehicles designed to house Halogen bulbs simply cannot fit an HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulb—they are completely different shapes and sizes!
- In order to replace Halogen headlights with HID (also known as Xenon gas lights), you need to look into purchasing an HID Conversion Kit from a reputable distributor.
- Even with a conversion kit, interchanging Halogen and HID bulbs can be a bit complicated.
- HID headlights are uniquely-shaped out of necessity, due to the gas discharge technology they disperse.
Best LED headlights to buy
Once you’ve made the (smart!) decision to refresh and renew your car or truck’s aesthetic by upgrading to pure white, LED headlight bulbs, look no further than these professional picks offered by Underground Lighting.
- Newer LED technology offers error and flicker-free functioning, so unnecessary concerns can be easily avoided.
- In addition, these products feature all-in-one housing constructed with top-of-the-line materials.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and corrosion-resistant—these bulbs guarantee premium performance.
- Specially designed to be compact and as streamlined as possible, the H13 LED bulbs feature built-in CANBUS integration circuit for enhanced operation.
- Take advantage of the “plug and play” installation and 360 degree rotating collar that saves you a great deal of time and stress.
- All-in-one housing is composed of solid, one piece silicone aluminum for enhanced durability.
- 40 watts and 6000 lumens pack a punch for the ultimate glow, and built-in temperature sensors prevent overheating.
The H7 bulbs are your best bet when you’re looking for consistent reliability and LED functionality.
- Enjoy the slim, lightweight composition and easy installation backed by a two-year warranty from UGL.
- Featuring 40 watts of unmatched brightness, these brilliant bulbs produce precise patterns of light for added visibility and safety in darkened road conditions.
- Another advantage of the H7’s design is the 100% corrosion-resistant durability of the silicone aluminum craftsmanship.
Premium materials and attention to detail help these bulbs far outshine the competition, mile after mile.
When you’re ready to make the switch from old-fashioned, dull Halogen bulbs to efficient, modern LED headlights, reach out to the pros. Call, chat or email and let the Underground Lighting team assist you in selecting exactly what you need to instantly elevate your vehicle’s look and performance.