Even the most experienced driver can feel anxious driving at night. Once the sun sets, new roadside risks and hazards present themselves in darker driving conditions.
In order to feel as safe and prepared as possible when you’re ready to hit the road, consider equipping your car or truck with a newer pair of headlights.
Particularly if your current headlights are dull or dim stock Halogen lights, it is likely time for a much-needed upgrade.
The two most popular types of headlights are HID and LED bulb models. Below, we will explore the key features and differences.
How Do HID and LED Lights Differ?
Before we determine which type of headlights would be best for your ride, it is important to identify the distinctions between the two.
HID (High-Intensity Discharge) lights, also known as Xenon gas lights, are similar to a neon sign.
- They function by a combination of an electrical charge and Xenon gas
- They produce a very bright light and are long-lasting.
LED (Light-Emitting Diode) headlights are also very long-lasting and emit a bright shine.
- LED headlight bulbs function by heating a filament (which Xenon bulbs do not have) and streaming halogen gas over the heated charge.
- The result is a bright, pure, glowing light.
Which Headlights Should I Choose?
If you’re still unsure about which direction to take, consider the following factors regarding HID and LED headlights for your vehicle.
- Although both HID and LED lights may have a higher price tag than their Halogen predecessors, they last significantly longer, too, which means they end up saving you valuable time and money in the long run. Their performance and long-lasting capabilities make them well-worth the initial investment.
- HID headlights are long-lasting—they can last for up to 10,000 hours.
- LED bulbs boast an even more impressive 30,000 maximum lifespan, depending on the model you select.
- HID bulbs are especially bright, and in some cases, can be mistaken for high-beam bulbs.
- If you opt for HID headlights on your car or truck, be sure to purchase them only from a reputable manufacturer to ensure the highest safety and quality standards have been met.
- Due to their design, LED headlights are also more energy-efficient than HID bulbs, which contributes to their longer lifespan.
- Ask a professional for further guidance if you’re not yet sure whether you should choose LED or HID headlight bulbs for upgrading your vehicle. UGL’s associates will be able to tell you which would be best suited for your particular car or truck.
What Are the Best Headlights for Driving at Night?
Underground Lighting is your one-stop source for car and truck lighting and accessory needs. The auto lighting pros at UGL have an array of great choices for both HID and LED headlights.
Here are some of the most popular picks available for purchase at UGL.
This top-rated pick instantly provides a fresh, aftermarket look for your car or truck. This model is a great choice for luxury vehicle brands.
These white Xenon gas bulbs provide a brighter, whiter shine that is 30% brighter than a standard Halogen bulb. The D2S is also AC powered and constructed with the highest quality materials available.
Another fan favorite updates and upgrades your vehicle with hassle-free installation. Choose from a Kelvin temperature of 6000K white or 8000K white with blue.
These AC-powered bulbs provide direct fitment and at least double the brightness of OEM. Installation time is approximately 30 minutes, with no complicated splicing or wiring necessary. You’ll be back on the road with maximum visibility in no time.
For LED headlights, UGL offers this five-star pick. “Plug and play” installation means swapping out your dull, yellow Halogen lights will be a breeze.
Thanks to a red copper heat pipe, perfect thermal management is achieved. Overheating worries are not an issue due to a waterproof, high-speed turbo fan.
Get rid of your old, outdated Halogen bulbs that barely light up the road in front of you in favor of these bright LED bulbs. These are reflector-style headlights, sleeker and slimmer than the bulky competition.
Specially placed LED chips minimize the glare to oncoming traffic, boosting the safety factor for everyone on the road. This kit is easy to install, reliable, and backed by a 2-year warranty from the trusted team at UGL.
Ready to rev up your car or truck’s lighting look with the best HID and LED headlights on the market? The pro team at Underground Lighting has everything you need.
Reach out by phone, live chat, email to get started on your auto lighting upgrade journey with the skilled, knowledgeable professionals at Underground Lighting.