When it comes to making your vehicle stand out with superior style, Switchback LED bulbs do just that. These LED bulbs are usually seen on high-end luxury vehicles due to their flashy (literally) nature and unique brightness.
LED bulbs (Light-Emitting Diodes) , by nature, outshine traditional Halogen bulbs and provide instant light. The “Switchback” portion of the name is due to the bulbs’ dual filaments, allowing the ability to switch between two light colors/shades for different intensities.
In addition to delivering an impressive amount of light, LED bulbs also come in handy when navigating between light and dark driving conditions, as well as in inclement weather.
Let’s take a look at two types of Switchback LED bulbs in particular—the 3157 and 7443 models. We will rundown the basics of each bulb to determine what makes them unique from one another. This will help you decide which one to outfit your vehicle with to achieve the signature style you desire. Whichever bulb you decide on, you can’t go wrong!
3157 Switchback LED Bulbs
The 3157 model, designed right here in the USA, is a top choice for drivers due to an array of helpful features for your vehicle.
- The dual color options include white and amber, and a 360 degree output means longer-lasting, brighter shine that outlasts other well-known brands.
- Get more for your money with the 3157, a direct replacement for turn signal bulbs, which also boasts an innovative built-in resistor only on the turn signal filament, rather than on both the white and amber light filaments.
- What benefits does a built-in resistor offer? This design gives added protection against overheating and exposure to other potentially-damaging elements, while models that contain a resistor on both light filaments are more prone to melting or falling apart within the housing.
- Maximize your vehicle’s performance even further without experiencing hyper-flashing or worrisome (and frustrating) error codes, again thanks to the built-in resistor.
- Enjoy increased bulb longevity with a cooling fan that only activates when you use your turn signal.
- Together, these advanced design features work to enhance the overall effectiveness of your vehicle’s LED output and long-lasting performance.
- This model is easily installed and features 1200 lumens per bulb.
- The main difference between the 3157 and the 7443 model comes down to size. The 3157 is slightly smaller, with a length of: 2.28in / 58mm and a diameter of: 0.80in / 20.5mm
- The 3157 Switchback LED Bulb also has increased cross-compatibility over the 7443 model for added convenience.
7443 Switchback LED Bulbs
Close competition for the 3157 model is the USA-designed 7443 Switchback LED Bulb. Both products offer a stellar choice for direct turn signal replacement bulbs and offer white/amber light filaments, as well as protection against hyper-flashing and error codes.
- The 7443 also comes complete with a built-in resistor on the turn signal filament, as opposed to both the white and amber light filaments. This added protection against overheating is very valuable.
- As with the 3157, the 7443 features dual-colored LED lights with 360 degree output for that coveted “best in class brightness.”
- The 7443’s cooling fan, only activated when the turn signal is in use, increases the bulb’s lifespan, saving you time and money.
- This model, like the 3157, also offers easy, plug and play installation for additional time-saving benefits. No additional resistors are needed!
- The main difference between the 3157 and the 7443 model is the size—the 7443 model’s length is: 2.32in / 59mm
- The diameter of the 7443 bulb is: 0.79in / 20mm.
For more on Underground Lighting’s line of products, call or visit https://undergroundlighting.com/.