A Step-By-Step Guide to Get Brighter Headlights
When you’re out and about at nighttime, having bright, strong headlights that illuminate the road ahead is a must-have for your car or truck.
Without the proper lighting, darkened and/or otherwise inclement weather conditions (think rain, fog, or snow) can pose serious danger—for you as well as other drivers.
How to make car headlights brighter?
If you’ve been wondering what you can do to boost the brightness of your headlights quickly and efficiently, read on for our top tips.
Clean and restore your headlight lenses to reveal the pure, brilliant light you need to feel as safe as possible on the road.
Keep it clean and clear
If you’ve noticed that your car or truck’s headlights are dull, dim, and yellowed, the first thing you can do to pump up the brightness for a safer ride is to ensure that they’re clean.
- After years of UV exposure—and countless adventures—headlights will undoubtedly start to show signs of wear and tear over time. If a thorough car wash doesn’t alleviate the dull or dingy appearance, consider enlisting the help of a common household item—toothpaste!
- That’s right! What your family uses to cleanse your smiles daily can also have a positive, brightening effect on your aging headlights.
- Simply use a cleaning cloth or wash rag to apply toothpaste directly to the light, rubbing in a circular motion for several minutes to achieve the optimal results.
Remove any hazardous debris
In addition to thoroughly cleaning the outer lenses of your lights, make sure that there aren’t any sticks, rocks, or other objects obscuring your headlights’ visibility factor.
Replace for renewed performance
If you’ve tried all of the cleaning tips and still have headlights that lack luster, consider replacing your worn-out headlights with the perfect replacement pick.
- Head on over to the car and truck lighting pros at Underground Lighting for guidance on how to make the best choice for your particular vehicle.
- UGL features an array of HID (High-Intensity Discharge) and LED (Light-Emitting Diode) headlights that are guaranteed to provide an instant update to your factory-grade Halogen bulbs.
- HID headlight bulbs use Xenon gas to provide an unmatched brightness and consistent glow for an enviable aftermarket look and instant style update.
- HID lights last much longer than Halogen bulbs—in fact, HID bulbs typically last up to 10,000 hours.
- Installation takes approximately 30 minutes, and doesn’t require any complicated wiring or slicing to get started.
- Only the highest quality materials are used to create products that you can feel confident in for your car or truck.
- UGL also offers a one-year warranty on their headlights for added assurance that you’ve made the best choice for your car or truck.
- Pure, brilliant white light will quickly and easily replace your vehicle’s older, outdated headlight look.
- Plug-and-play installation means that switching out the bulbs is a breeze.
- LED lights are also eco-friendly, using less electricity than their Halogen predecessors.
- Longer-lasting bulbs mean more money in your pocket and less time spent on shopping for them and switching them out.
- A slimmer, sleeker design is a welcome replacement to big, bulky Halogen bulbs as well.
- UGL is constantly working to produce the most innovative models possible.
Both HID and LED headlights from UGL are smart solutions for instantly upgrading and updating your car or truck’s lighting look—as well as majorly improving your ride’s safety factor.
Feel safe, secure, and confident when you hit the road solo or with friends and family in tow, thanks to unbeatable quality that won’t break the bank.
Worried about casting too much light onto oncoming traffic? UGL’s headlight bulbs are designed to minimize glare to those on the road with you, so need to fret.
While Underground Lighting is your go-to source for headlight help, they also offer a wide variety of other auto-lighting finds, including interior light bars, dashboard and deck lights, and more car and truck accessories.
Whether you want to tackle your dim, dull headlight issue with the assistance of Underground Lighting’s expertise, call, chat or email our professionals for friendly, and knowledgeable help. And also check out the impressive selection available now.