If you’re a car or truck enthusiast, and you enjoy learning about the newest innovations on the vehicle lighting market, odds are you’ve heard a lot of buzz about CANBUS and Non-CANBUS lights.
The question is, what do these terms mean exactly? More importantly, what do you need to know about these products in order to make the best decisions for all of your auto lighting needs?
CANBUS and Non-CANBUS Lights
Let’s take a closer look at what CANBUS and Non-CANBUS lights have to offer your car or truck’s performance and on-the-road style factor.
Difference and Purpose:
- First things first—let’s define the CANBUS term itself, which stands for Controller Area Network Bus.
- CANBUS LED bulbs work with your vehicle’s advanced inner computer system.
- Vehicles that are CANBUS-compatible have a system that is equipped to respond correctly to these products.
- CANBUS LED bulbs are innovative in that they work with, monitor, and report functionality to your car or truck’s “motherboard” control system.
- CANBUS functionality is considered a new-and-improved, more sophisticated and innovative car choice over older, or Non-CANBUS bulbs. The newer versions, or CANBUS bulbs, are usually more compatible with European automobiles.
- The purpose is to provide enhanced functionality and flicker-free performance over more outdated bulb models.
Things to Consider:
- The first thing you need to know about these two types of car and truck lights is that not every vehicle is necessarily CANBUS-compatible.
- Before deciding to make a switch from one type to the other, find out whether or not your particular automobile is CANBUS-friendly.
- Once you’ve determined the compatibility of your car or truck, think about what you hope to achieve by making a switch.
- If you’re looking to improve not only your style by upgrading to a more modern look, but also interested in boosting the efficiency of your car or truck’s lighting system, then a CANBUS bulb is likely your best bet.
- The last thing you’ll want to consider is cost. Yes, the initial price of a CANBUS LED bulb may seem a bit higher than replacing your bulbs with another stock incandescent product, however, LED bulbs are more energy-efficient and longer lasting.
- This means that overall, CANBUS LED bulbs are worth the investment because you have to purchase and replace them much less often than the initially cheaper, older alternative.
Which Should You Choose?
Now that you’ve brushed up on the basics between these two types of lights for your vehicle, which one is the smartest choice for your particular car or truck?
As mentioned above, improved performance, durability, and more advanced features accompany CANBUS-designed bulbs.
If your vehicle is compatible, start shopping for the best CANBUS LED products offered by the industry pros at Underground Lighting.
Whether you’re in the market for newer, brighter brake lights, longer-lasting headlight bulbs, or the best array of car and truck accessories around, Underground Lighting has the perfect picks for all of your auto lighting upgrades.
Head on over to our canbus and non-canbus light bulbs collection and chat with the experts, shoot us an email, or call our superior staff to instantly revive and refresh your vehicle’s look and performance.